When Storms Bring Rain and Damage
Here in Colorado, we know storm pretty well. We also know that with storms, what feels like, devastating damages can come as well. When you experience damage to your home and your roof after a storm, it can feel overwhelming to know what to do. Who do you call first? Who do you talk to first? Knowing what to do when faced with storm damage in Castle Rock, CO is incredibly important and for that you can rely on Front Range Storm Contractors. Let us start helping you today. Call (720) 506-4425 to learn more about our storm and damage services.
How to Report Storm Damage
One of the most stressful times for a homeowner is when they have to file an insurance claim. It doesn’t matter for which part of the house, but usually a roof insurance claim can feel like one of the most overwhelming processes you’ll have to deal with. Between repairs and storm damage clean up, there is a lot that needs to be done and it can be hard to know where to start. Ultimately, if the damage is truly bad enough, filing a claim needs to happen. Once the claim is filed, however, you do have options. Regardless, roof claims need be dealt with quickly. It would be the same logic if you needed drain cleaning after you notice water coming back up. Filing a claim can feel daunting, but there are a few things you can do to make the process a little easier for yourself.
Storm Damage Claims How-To
Many homeowners dread the day they will have to file a roof insurance claim. Several have heard, or even been through, horror stories about roof claims. The reality is, filing a claim, in general, is stressful and overwhelming. Filing a roof claim can feel overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. Knowing how to actually file storm damage for roof claim will help make the process that much easier.
- Know the Perils: When your home has been affected by storm damage, the first thing you need to do is contact your insurance provider to double check the covered perils. In order for insurance to cover a claim, the damage needs to be caused by a covered peril. Before you actually file, check with them to understand what is and is not covered.
- Inspection with Pictures: Once you know what is actually covered, you can either start the claim right then or, you could schedule an inspection with a roofing company. Inspections provide a good place to work from for both a contractor and your insurance. It gives everyone an understanding of what caused the damage, where the damage is, how much it will cost to repair it and more.
- Contact Your Insurance Provider: If you chose to get the inspection first, now would be the time to contact your insurance provider (again). From here, you can start the claims process. Things will actually go very smoothly because you’ll have a major step out of the way. You’ll also be able to hear back faster about repair estimates since the inspection report is already done.
- Contact a Roofing Company: If you chose to file the claim first, now would be the time to contact a reliable roofing company. You do have the option to wait for an adjuster or to contact a roofing company, like Front Range Storm Contractors, if they can be at your home sooner.
After the inspection report is filed and your insurance has agreed to payment, you can begin repairs. This is a process that can take time, so patience really is key when filing a roof claim. That being said, there is no harm in killing two birds with one stone. While Front Range Storm Contractors roofers are repairing your roof, we can also clean out your gutters if they have been clogged by the storm.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do you do after storm damage?
- Check news sources to be sure that the weather has completely passed before stepping out to your roof. Then you can look for any signs of damage. If there appears to be some, first call your insurance provider to file a claim. Afterwards, call a reputable roofing company like Front Range Storm Contractors for assistance.
- What wind speed causes roof damage?
- 45 mph is when slight damage can occur, according to the National Weather Service. Typical asphalt shingles can withstand wind speeds up to 70 mph. They will most likely suffer damage before winds reach that speed, but anything above 70 will guarantee damage to your roof.
- Will my insurance cover a new roof?
- It depends on what actually caused the damage. All insurance providers have examples of things called covered perils, which is when damage occurs and will be covered by insurance. Storm damage usually falls into that category, but contact your insurance provider to be sure.
- When should I replace my roof?
- You will typically need to replace your roof decking has been roof decking has been compromised. Or when you roof has reached the end of its life, after about 15-20 years.
- How long should a roof last?
- Homeowners with asphalt shingle roofing should expect their roofs to last around 20 years. That is assuming no significant damage will occur which could result in the need for a roof replacement or significant upgrade.
Connect With Us Today for More Information
Trust Front Range Storm Contractors with all your home roofing needs. Give us a call at (720) 506-4425 to schedule an appointment regarding repairs for storm damage in Castle Rock, CO.